By Elizabeth F. Hounsell
Glycoprotein research in Biomedicine brings jointly a accomplished diversity of protocols regarding carbohydrate biochemistry. the 1st 1/2 the handbook outlines physiochemical (MS and NMR), chemical, and chromatographic recommendations for outlining the buildings and variety of oligosaccharide sequences. the second one part describes extra organic and immunological ways used to notice alterations in glycosylation styles in disorder.
Read Online or Download Glycoprotein Analysis in Biomedicine (Methods in Molecular Biology) PDF
Best scientific-popular books
J. C. Andrews: Mercury Speciation within the surroundings utilizing X-Ray Absorption Spectroscopy. -H. Zhang: Photochemical Redox Reactions of Mercury. -D. C. Bebout, S. M. Berry: Probing Mercury complicated Speciation with Multinuclear NMR. -G. J. provide: Mercury(II) Complexes with Thiacrowns and comparable Macrocyclic Ligands.
- Chaos and Fractals: New Frontiers of Science
- Danger below! (Rick Brant Science Adventure # 23)
- Europe As Empire: The Nature of the Enlarged European Union
- Creating Wooden Boxes on the Scroll Saw: Patterns and Instructions for Jewelry, Music, and Other Keepsake Boxes (The Best of Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Magazine)
- Krypton - 85 in the Atmosphere: Accumulation, Biological Significance, and Control Technology (Ncrp Reports Ser. : 44)
- Journalism and the Debate Over Privacy (Lea's Communication)
Additional info for Glycoprotein Analysis in Biomedicine (Methods in Molecular Biology)
Gas chromatogram of permethylated neutral ohgosaccharide alditols released from rat small intestine mucin glycopeptides. Interpreted components from CC-MS are marked. Abbreviations are H for hexose, HN for N-acetylhexosamine, F for fucose, and HNol for N-aceQdhexosaminito1 (GalNAc linked to the peptide). 04 pm of crosslinked PS 264 was used with a temperature program from 70°C (1 min> to 390°C (lO”C/min). 7 bar, giving a linear velocity of 90 cm/s at 70°C.
8. Gently shake the tube to mix the two phases. To speed up the phase separation, spin the tube in a small table-top centrifuge for 5 min and remove the upper water phase by a Pasteur pipet. 9. Add 2 or 4 mL ofwater and centrifuge again. Remove the water phase. Repeat this another two times. 10. Add 2 or 4 mL of water, centrifuge, and by using a Pasteur pipet, carefully remove the lower (chloroform phase) to a clean tube. Add 1 or 2 mL of chloroform, centrifuge, and remove the lower phase once more to the same tube.
A FAB-mass spectrum of a complex triantennary structure is shown in Fig. 1. The linkage positions in the sialylated branches have been explained earlier. The primary sequence ion of m/z 946 combined with a secondary of m/z914, formed by elimination of methanol, shows that a sequence of Neu5Ac23Gall-4GlcNAc is linked to the Z-position of a mannose residue (I). The binding positions to the disubstituted Man residues, however, cannot be deduced from the spectrum. In order to enhance the formation of a molecular ion species, especially for high-mol-wt compounds, a separate high-mass scan is recorded after addition of sodium iodide to the sample and an [M + 23]+ ion is formed (4).