By Richard A. Parent
Comparative Biology of the traditional Lung, second Edition, deals a rigorous and accomplished reference for all these desirous about pulmonary learn. This absolutely up to date paintings is split into sections on anatomy and morphology, body structure, biochemistry, and immunological reaction. It keeps to supply a special comparative point of view at the mammalian lung. This version comprises numerous new chapters and extended content material, together with getting older and improvement of the traditional lung, mechanical homes of the lung, genetic polymorphisms, the comparative impression of pressure of pulmonary immune functionality, oxygen signaling within the mammalian lung and masses extra. by means of addressing medical advances and important concerns in lung learn, this second variation is a well timed and important paintings on comparative info for the translation of experiences of animal versions in comparison to the human lung.
- Edited and authored by way of specialists within the box to supply an outstanding and well timed assessment of cross-species comparisons to help you interpret and examine facts from animal reviews to human findings
- Incorporates lung anatomy and body structure, mobilephone particular interactions and immunological responses to supply you with a unmarried and special multidisciplinary resource at the comparative biology of the traditional lung
- Includes new and extended content material on neonatal and elderly lungs, developmental procedures, telephone signaling, antioxidants, airway cells, defense pharmacology and masses extra
- Section IV on actual and Immunological Defenses has been considerably up to date with nine new chapters and an elevated specialize in the pulmonary immunological system
Read Online or Download Comparative Biology of the Normal Lung, Second Edition PDF
Best pulmonary & thoracic medicine books
A necessary device for all physicians who deal with sufferers with respiration sickness
Video-assisted significant pulmonary resections are rising in popularity, because it turns into visible that minimally invasive surgical procedure is useful by way of decreased postoperative discomfort, shorted sanatorium remain, shorter restoration and higher compliance to adjuvant chemotherapy, with no compromising oncological rules.
Das Praxisbuch bietet eine Anleitung zur physiotherapeutischen Untersuchung und nicht medikamentösen Behandlung von chronischen Atemwegs- und Lungenerkrankungen sowie respiratorischen Problemen. Der Grundlagen-Teil erläutert verständlich die Anatomie und Biomechanik des Atembewegungsapparats, die Physiologie der Atmung, die Herzfunktion sowie die autonome Funktion bei chronischen Atemwegserkrankungen.
Because the world wide occurrence of morbid weight problems between young people keeps to upward thrust, fresh years have visible a wide bring up within the functionality of adolescent bariatric surgical procedure. whereas surgical intervention frequently turns into worthwhile while conservative weight loss cures have failed, no criteria in regards to the post-operative routine and long term administration of adolescent sufferers were verified.
- Asthma: The Biography (Biographies of Diseases)
- Fundamentals of Respiratory System and Sounds Analysis
- Pulmonary pathophysiology : the essentials
- Control of Breathing in Health and Disease
- Mechanical Ventilation: Clinical Applications and Pathophysiology
- Respiratory Critical Care (Hodder Arnold Publication)
Extra info for Comparative Biology of the Normal Lung, Second Edition
108, 149. , 1966. Subgross pulmonary anatomy of the rabbit, rat, and guinea pig, with additional notes on the human lung. Am. Rev. Respir. Dis. 94, 380. , 1987. Three-dimensional reconstruction of the rat acinus. J. Appl. Physiol. 63, 785. , 1988. Structure of the gas exchange region of the lungs determined by three-dimensional reconstructions. J. ), Toxicology of the Lung. Raven Press, New York, pp. 43e70. , 1989. Anatomical modeling of microdosimetry of inhaled particles and gases in the lung.
J. Anat. 162, 221. , 1976. Pulmonary responses of rats to ambient levels of ozone. Lab. Invest. 34, 656. , 1983. Histochemical properties of the respiratory tract epithelium in different species. Am. Rev. Resp. Dis. 128, S20. , 1985. Transport through the pleura. , Hirsch, A. ), The Pleura in Health and Disease. Marcel Dekker, New York (Chapter 10). , 1962. Ventilation of terminal air units. J. Appl. Physiol. 17 (3), 391. , 1985. Morphology of the distal conducting airways in rhesus monkey lungs.
Used by permission. , 1979). With symmetric branching there is the same number of bifurcations along all pathways, and with greater degrees of asymmetry, the distribution widens. A commonly used method for assessing branching asymmetry has been the comparison of the diameters or lengths of the two daughter airways at a bifurcation. With this technique, the ratio of the diameter or length of the minor daughter to that of the major daughter at bifurcations of parent airways of the same generation or of similar sizes can be used to estimate differences in asymmetry at various levels in the bronchial tree without the need to analyze the entire airway system (Figure 6).