By Sudhir Paul (auth.), Sudhir Paul (eds.)
Autoimmune Reactions tackles basic questions about how the immune procedure can ruin invading microbial pathogens with no inflicting harm to itself and different "self" structures. The authoritative specialists writing right here discover the mechanistic features of such autoimmune ailments as lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes, and autoimmune thyroid disorder, and the place attainable delineate how malfunctioning immunological mechanisms can result in scientific signs. additionally they speak about attainable basic mechanisms of autoimmune disease-e.g., molecular mimicry and dysfunctional antigen presentation-and their present boundaries as unifying reasons of the illnesses defined. furthermore, proof for novel immunological phenomena, together with antibody catalysis and the penetration of cells by means of antibodies, is reviewed, and their attainable organic results are pointed out. The publication additionally significantly surveys the thoughts and examine that are meant to ultimately let improvement of palliatives and treatments for autoimmune ailments, in addition to methods to the long-standing challenge of self-nonself discrimination via the immune system.
the excellent, insightful assessment supplied in Autoimmune Reactions constitutes the recent typical reference for all working towards autoimmunologists, molecular immunologists, mobile and molecular pathologists, and scientific immunologists who have to stay on the state of the art of analysis on autoimmune sickness this present day.
Read or Download Autoimmune Reactions PDF
Similar nonfiction_10 books
The aim of this ebook is to recognize the universality of melancholy, to throw a few mild on these elements of melancholy that are ignored within the extra traditional remedies of the topic and likewise to try to supply a synthesis among the organic and socio-environmental elements which result in the onset of melancholy and alter its direction.
R. N. IBBETT This publication presents a resource of data on all significant points of NMR spectroscopy of man-made polymers. It represents a planned try to pull jointly the varied strands of the topic in one accomplished quantity, designed to be readable at each medical point. it really is meant that the e-book may be of use to the majority of polymer scientists and NMR spec troscopists alike.
Fishes are very winning vertebrates and feature tailored to quite a lot of environmental stipulations, from the deep ocean to the smallest brook or pond. The physiological historical past to those environmental variations is, evidently, faraway from transparent, and gives fish physiologists with many demanding situations. The variety of extant fish species has been envisioned to be in far more than 20000, and merely really few of those were topic to physiological stories.
- Reproduction of Marine Invertebrates. Annelids and Echiurans
- Myocardial Ischemia and Lipid Metabolism
- Drug Use in Pregnancy: Mother and Child
- Physicochemical Aspects of Polymer Surfaces: Volume 1
- The Supply-Side Effects of Economic Policy
Additional resources for Autoimmune Reactions
36. Silberstein, L. , Jefferies, L. , Moore, J. , Nowell, P. , et al. (1991) Variable region gene analysis of pathologic human autoantibodies to the related I and I red blood cell antigens. Blood 78, 2372-2379. 37. Stevenson, F. , Glennie, M. , Jones, D. , et al. (1986) Antibodies to shared idiotypes as agents for analysis and therapy for human B cell tumors. Blood 68,430-437. 38. Potter, K. , Williams, R. , Byres, L. , et al. (1993) Molecular characterization of a cross-reactive idiotope on human immunoglobulins utilizing the VH4-21 gene segment.
1. Immunol. 146, 4385-4392. 36. Silberstein, L. , Jefferies, L. , Moore, J. , Nowell, P. , et al. (1991) Variable region gene analysis of pathologic human autoantibodies to the related I and I red blood cell antigens. Blood 78, 2372-2379. 37. Stevenson, F. , Glennie, M. , Jones, D. , et al. (1986) Antibodies to shared idiotypes as agents for analysis and therapy for human B cell tumors. Blood 68,430-437. 38. Potter, K. , Williams, R. , Byres, L. , et al. (1993) Molecular characterization of a cross-reactive idiotope on human immunoglobulins utilizing the VH4-21 gene segment.
J. Clin. Invest. 52,741. 53. , Suarez-Pinzon, W. , Lakey, J. R. , and Rajotte, R. V. (1996) Human pancreatic islet p-cell destruction by cytokines involves oxygen free radicals and aldehyde production. J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 81, 3197-3202. 54. Vladutiu, A. o. (1995) Role of nitric oxide in autoimmunity. Clin. Immunol. Immunopathol. 76, 1-11. 55. Lancaster, J. , Jr. (1992) Nitric oxide in cells. Am. Scientist 80,248-259. 56. Gauntt, C. J. (1988) The possible role of viral variants in pathogenesis, in Coxsackievirus: a General Update on Infectious Agents and Pdthogenesis (Bendinelli, M.